South Asian Seas Progamme - Action Plan
Development and Implementation of National and Regional Oil and Chemical Spill Contingency Planning
Activities selected for the implementation by the South Asian Seas member States.
- Updating the South Asian Marine Pollution Emergency Plan;
- Assessment of infrastructure requirements for pollution emergencies and development of mechanisms for implementation of the Plan;
- Preparation of national training and manpower development plans for marine environmental monitoring, response and combat including surveillance of oil spills and information collection and management;
- Collection, storage and dissemination of data;
- Assistance in the development of national legislation where necessary; and
- Preparation of technical guidelines and dissemination to member states.